Breakfast is normally served at 9:00 (9:30 on Sundays) in our elegant dining room overlooking the gardens – a beautiful location to start the day. And each morning Shana will treat you to a sumptuous three-course breakfast that many of our guests have been raving about. You can have a regular or light second course, as you like – just let her know. We support our local farmers and use local ingredients as much as possible. Let us know in advance, and we will do our best to accommodate your special dietary needs.
Check out these typical breakfast menus, one of which may delight you during your stay!
Moroccan Citrus Salad
Tarragon Infused Eggs Benedict
Lavender Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry Cinnamon Poached Pears
Spinach & Goat Cheese Omelettes with Bacon & Grilled Herbed Tomatoes
Chocolate Coconut Cranberry Banana Bread
Yogourt Fruit Parfait
Chocolate Hazelnut Bread Pudding with Summer Berries
Local Cheese Plate
Enjoy the tranquil ambiance or strike up a conversation with other interesting guests from the region, elsewhere in Canada and indeed around the world. Coffee is always available in the guest kitchen for early risers who may want to relax with the newspaper in the living room or just rock on the porch.
If it were just a place to stay the night, you’d choose a hotel. And so at Les Trois Érables, we pride ourselves on doing the little things that will make your stay with us a special getaway.
The luxuries do not stop at the comfortable beds in a heritage mansion with gourmet breakfasts. You have access to expansive common areas – an elegant dining room, a stately parlour, a guest kitchen, a magnificent porch, and of course our beautiful gardens to stroll through and relax in. You will get the personal (but not intrusive) attention that ensures your needs are met – you are guests in our home, after all. And we may just have the time to sit down and enjoy a glass of wine with you!
Here are a few of the amenities that we offer to make your stay with us a little more special:
- always fresh flowers in the reception areas
- themed seasonal decorations (Christmas lights, fall harvest, lit summer gardens)
- thick towels and plush bathrobes in each room
- slippers at the entrance
- wooden and padded hangers in each room
- a “pillow library” to appeal to different sleeping preferences
- high-quality mattresses with luxurious toppers
- pressed, high-thread-count linens in summer, cozy fleece in winter
- local, hand-made soaps and bath salts
- well-stocked library (materials in English and in French)
- current magazines (in English and French)
- newspapers (local, Ottawa Citizen – and Sunday New York Times!)
- wireless Internet access throughout the house
- small desks in our three larger rooms
- fridge, toaster-oven, microwave and dishware/cutlery/glasses in the guest kitchen
- complimentary Tassimo coffee, tea, soft drinks, water, home-made cookies (!) always available in the guest kitchen
- ironing board and iron available on each floor
- bicycles, canoe kayaks – all available for guest use
- secure storage for your bicycles, skis, etc
- umbrellas at the entrance
- toiletries basket available for those often-forgotten items
- concierge services (Where to go? What to do? Dinner? We would be happy to recommend and make a reservation for you at one of Wakefield’s several excellent restaurants.)
We see business travelers at Les Trois Érables more often than you might think. And why not – we are centrally located in Wakefield, not far from Ottawa-Gatineau, have free Internet access, desks in the large rooms, and the quiet and tranquility conducive to productive work when you need it. We are also well equipped for your small-group meetings and retreats. Our Fairbairn meeting room is the perfect venue for small meetings of up to eight persons.
It comes with:
- a dedicated conference table that seats up to eight comfortably
- a beautiful view overlooking the Gatineau River
- LCD television with satellite reception and DVD player
- flip charts, audio-visual equipment, and other meeting aids available
- attached two-piece bathroom
- gourmet breakfasts, lunches and snacks available
- use of the common rooms for break-away sessions or more relaxed conversation.
For larger groups of between ten and fourteen, we can also set up the dining room or our elegant parlour. Call us to enquire about rates for day meetings or meeting packages that include overnight stays.
Please let us know about your type of function and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Weddings and Group Events
Weddings and Group Events
Les Trois Érables is the ideal location for your wedding party! In the good-weather seasons, our beautiful gardens have an arbour with paths perfect for the ceremony. You can set up a marquis tent, and we have tables, chairs, cutlery and glassware sufficient for up to seventy persons.
We can also host your smaller ceremony and cocktail reception in our elegant parlour – up to thirty persons. The grand staircase makes a magnificent backdrop!
Outdoors or indoors, we can help you cater the event and make the other arrangements you need. Call us to arrange a site visit and obtain a quote.
If you need a larger site for your wedding, there are other superb locations in the area – check these out:
Guests attending these events often stay with us and we would be happy to organize associated group events. Bridal parties often use the house as the base for their wedding preparations.
We can similarly host groups for birthdays, anniversaries, family reunions, retirements – you name it!
From time to time we organize special events at Les Trois Érables. Stay over and make an event of it! Please check our website for announcements, or put yourself on our email distribution list so that you will be the first to hear when we put them on. Or assemble a group of friends, and let us arrange a special event just for you.
- chef nights for groups of up to eight – cooking lesson with a local chef followed by dinner with wine
- wine-tasting evenings for groups of up to eight – sample various world wines with a local sommelier
- yoga-in-the-gardens retreats
- house concerts
- murder-mystery evenings
- other? (Let us know what you might like and we’ll see what we can do!)
And don’t forget – the Fairbairn multi-purpose room can be set up to cater to your individual wishes:
- therapeutic massages
- make-up and dressing room for weddings and other special events.
We would also be pleased to assist you in creating a custom-made package for the activities you would like to experience – just let us know!